As part of our Diocesan governance, lay and ordained delegates from each church represent their parish or mission at four meetings a year.
Diocesan Delegate Qualifications and Expectations
Make Up of Delegate Team
The St. Bart’s Diocesan Delegate team is made up of:
• Four Diocesan Delegates.
— Appointed at the Annual Meeting for a 3-year term.
• One Alternate Delegate.
• The St. Bart’s Clergy.
• Diocesan Delegates are expected to attend Diocesan Convention.
— Nov 1-3, 2018 in Seaside.
–Note: Convention begins on a Thursday evening, and runs all day Friday and ends Saturday in the early afternoon.
–This involves two nights in a hotel; St. Bart’s has some very limited financial assistance for expenses.
• Attend three Convocation Meetings.
–Saturday 10-noon. (Feb 24, 2018 is our first meeting)
–Convocation Meetings are an important time to share information as well as to build relationships with the rest of the teams.
Duties before Convention
• Become familiar with the Budget and Resolutions (by attending Convocation Meetings)
• Read the Bios of the candidates standing for Diocesan positions.
• Register and pay for convention and the hotel (Usually in September)
Duties at Convention
• Elect Diocesan Officers.
• Approve the Diocesan Budget.
• Vote on Diocesan Resolutions.
• Hear Diocesan Reports and the Keynote speaker.
• The St. Bart’s Team sits together at Convention and has lunch together at Friday.
• There is also an optional banquet Friday night. (Discuss plans ahead of time)