Holy Baptism is the sacrament by which someone becomes a Christian and a member of the Church. The Episcopal Church defines baptism as "full initiation by water and the Holy Spirit into Christ's Body, the Church" (Book of Common Prayer, p. 298).
Baptism for infants and children is scheduled five times throughout the church year.
- Baptism of Our Lord (in January)
- The Great Vigil of Easter (in March or April)
- Pentecost (in May or June)
- All Saints' Day (the first Sunday in November)
- St. Bartholomew's Day, on the Sunday closest to August 24.
If you are interested in baptism, either for yourself or for someone you know, please contact Fr. Jeff.